How to take good care of your feet at home
Your feet are doubtlessly your safest and simplest mode of transport. They give you freedom and support, so it is necessary for you to look after them well. No matter how good your clothes or face are, if you have unhealthy feet then they will stand out and mar your entire appearance. There are simple things you can do to keep your feet looking and feeling good. You may not know that many stressors affect your feet and they make it challenging to keep your feet healthy and looking good. This is the reason that you need to pamper your feet. Your activities, choice of footwear and foot hygiene are some of the many factors that influence the health of your feet.
Let us look at a few tips about foot care
- The first thing that you should do is maintain the proper hygiene of your feet.
- Wash your feet with a gentle soap and dry them before putting on socks or footwear.
- Apply a good heavy moisturizer before going to bed. In fact there are many foot care creams available in the market and you can choose one of them.
- Trim your nails regularly, but make sure not to make them too short otherwise you can get ingrown nails.
- Wear footwear that fits you properly
- Avoid wearing high heels every day
- Make a regular examination of your feet regularly to look for any problems lesions or changes in appearance. You can use a small mirror for this if necessary.
- If you have any problem in the feet that requires medical attention then you should do it immediately.
Issues with the health of your feet
There are some common problems that people have with their feet. Let us look at them and their remedies.
A fungal infection also known as athlete’s foot that especially affects the toes. This can be caused by different factors like heat and humidity. In this problem, there can be cracks between the toes or whitening of the skin. Men suffer from this problem more than women.
This is a small lesion which is greyish in color and mostly appears on the soles of the feet. Sometimes it is painful and it is most common in children. This problem is caused by a virus and usually it goes away by itself, but it is a good idea to take some treatment to prevent the pain. It is difficult to get rid of and sometimes it goes away on its own.
Blisters are usually caused due to the feet rubbing against the shoe and it looks like a whitish bubble. You should not pop this bubble because it protects the skin. If you pop a blister it will become a lesion and you will have to care for it like a minor wound to promote healing and prevent infection.
Corn and calluses
These are hardened parts of the skin on the feet and occur in areas where there is friction or pressure. This is usually caused due to ill-fitting foot wear.
Taking care of the feet is not just about looking after them externally. You should also take supplements containing vitamin C and A which will enhance your immunity to infections like the ones mentioned above. Here you need to understand that your feet require more loving care than you may be giving them.