Skin care tips for monsoon. How to take care of your skin in the rainy season?
The monsoon brings respite from the scorching heat of the summer. However, it also brings with itself typical skin problems. Along with spells of rain, the rainy season brings with itself humidity that can cause a lot of problems for the skin. This is the reason that you need special skin care in the rainy season. The problem is more serious with people who already have oily and acne prone skin. The monsoon skin care tips are a need to know fact because the skin care routine should be different in each season. The thumb rule is to cleanse, tone and moisturize but during the monsoon you need to do a little extra for your skin.
Skin care tips during monsoon
- Just because the day is cloudy or rainy it doesn’t mean that your skin is safe from the UV rays of the sun. You still need the protection of a good sunscreen.
- It is necessary to wash your face 2-3 times a day to remove the excess oil dirt and also to avoid fungal infection. Make sure to use a mild and natural face wash.
- Hydrate yourself well so that the toxins get flushed out of the body and prevent acne and pimples
- Avoid wearing makeup because it can clog the skin pores and cause acne breakouts. If you do wear makeup then remove it thoroughly before going to bed.
- During the monsoon there is a craving for fried snacks and many people binge on them. However, you should avoid them because they can cause acne and breakouts. This is important for rainy season skin care.
Exfoliating in the monsoon
Exfoliation is necessary to remove the dead skin cells and help in unclogging the pores. You can opt for natural exfoliating agents like sugar, baking soda, coffee, tea bags, oatmeal, papaya and yogurt. Use these mild abrasive ingredients to remove the dead cells from your skin. Exfoliating is especially a must for monsoon skin care for oily skin.
Cleansing in monsoon
Once you have exfoliated your skin and cleansed the open pores you can use coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, aloe vera, honey and lemon and rose water to cleanse your face.
Toning in monsoon
Toning is necessary to remove the leftover dirt and makeup. It is advisable not to opt for store bought toners. Instead you should use natural ingredients like green tea, rose water, lemon juice, chamomile tea, and cucumber water. If you have sensitive skin then you should consult your beautician for the right monsoon skin care for sensitive skin.
Moisturizing in monsoon
Here too natural ingredients like organic coconut oil, olive oil and hemp seed oil are a good option as they don’t leave your skin feeling oily.
Apart from taking care of the skin from outside it is also necessary to consume the right foods to make sure that your skin does not just remain problem free but also youthful. For this it is a good idea to add beauty supplements like Chicnutrix Glow, Chicnutrix Super C and Chicnutrix Mighty Omega to your daily routine. These supplements have the necessary vitamins, minerals and fatty acids that provide the nutrition to the skin from inside and keep it healthy and glowing.